Direct Connect AirExchanger
The direct connect model, connects directly to the bottom 3/4" of your router as shown to the left. This allows AirExchanger to work on just about any CNC.
K2CNC Mount AirExchanger
The direct connect model is placed over the bottom portion of the router, much like the direct connect. Instead of connecting directly to the router, it is held in place with a bolt connected to the K2CNC mount, as shown here.
- Diverts router vent air outside vacuum area. Your dust collector does not have to compete with the vent air, thus requiring smaller vacuum.
- Provides mounting mechanizm for dust shroud. Shroud is easily removable, even with collet and bit attached to router.
- See through design, Allows you to see the bit while CNC is in operation.
- Supports small LED flashlight to light work surface and bit. This allows you to easily use a depth probe or other accessories.
- Holds your routers spindle wrench in place. This allows one handed collet adjustment. No more dropping bits.
- Catches up to 99.9% of even the smallest airborn dust when shroud is attached.
- Supports different sized dust shrouds. Create a shroud for your small bits and another for your large ones.
- The K2CNC Mount AirExchanger Supports small LED flashlight to light work surface and bit. This allows you to easily use a depth probe or other accessories.
Differences between the Direct Connect and K2CNC Mount AirExchangers
The main difference between the two models is that the Direct Connect version is a little lower profile, and has fewer parts. This makes it a little more rugged than the K2CNC Mount version. In addition the Direct Connect does not rely on the K2CNC mount so it can be used with many other CNC designs where the business end of the router is exposed.
The K2CNC Mount AirExchanger is no longer available for sale.
You can get the assembly instructions here:
The Direct Connect AirExchanger is no longer available for sale.
Currently both versions are compatible with the following routers:
- Bosch 1617EVS
- Hitachi M12
- Makita RF1101
You will need to make a dust shroud for your AirExchanger. Download the plans here: